Welcome

Dennis Jones is a Jamaican-born international economist, who has lived most of the time in the UK and USA, and latterly in Guinea, west Africa. He moved back to the Caribbean in 2007. This blog contains his observations on life on this small eastern Caribbean island, as well as views on life and issues on a broader landscape, especially the Caribbean and Africa.

*NEW!!! LISTEN TO BLOG POSTS FEATURE ADDED!!!*

*PLEASE READ COMMENTS POLICY--NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS, PLEASE*

*REFERENCES TO NEWSPAPER OR MEDIA REPORTS ARE USUALLY FOLLOWED BY LINKS TO ACTUAL REPORTS*

*IMAGES MAY BE ENLARGED BY CLICKING ON THEM*

*SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG BY E-MAIL (SEE BOX IN SIDE BAR)*


______________________________________

**You may contact me by e-mail at livinginbarbados[at]gmail[dot]com**

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Good Fren Betta Than Pocket Money

Jamaicans have this expression, meaning a good friend is far better than wealth. I always like it when the people you call friends, old or new, rally around you when you have their need. Friends don't ask many questions when you call for help. They do and may ask later for a why. We have the trust that has come from not betraying each other. People with whom you associate regularly are not necessarily friends. Many of my friends I do not see except once a year or two, but we can pick up without pause.

My friends have come to my aid and I really appreciate that. I know that I do not have to think about repayment of friendship. True friendship, like love, is UNCONDITIONAL.

No comments: