Welcome

Dennis Jones is a Jamaican-born international economist, who has lived most of the time in the UK and USA, and latterly in Guinea, west Africa. He moved back to the Caribbean in 2007. This blog contains his observations on life on this small eastern Caribbean island, as well as views on life and issues on a broader landscape, especially the Caribbean and Africa.

*NEW!!! LISTEN TO BLOG POSTS FEATURE ADDED!!!*

*PLEASE READ COMMENTS POLICY--NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS, PLEASE*

*REFERENCES TO NEWSPAPER OR MEDIA REPORTS ARE USUALLY FOLLOWED BY LINKS TO ACTUAL REPORTS*

*IMAGES MAY BE ENLARGED BY CLICKING ON THEM*

*SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG BY E-MAIL (SEE BOX IN SIDE BAR)*


______________________________________

**You may contact me by e-mail at livinginbarbados[at]gmail[dot]com**

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Listen To The Blog

Technology changes so fast and so much. Today, I discovered a widget (called Odiogo, www.odiogo.com) that allows each of my blog posts to move from text to speech. Curious bod that I am, I tried it. Well, the automatic installation did not work. But, I was undeterred, and copied the code and inserted it myself. It works! From what I see you can choose to listen to each blog or select from a menu to listen to all blogs.

The voice is machine-made so do not mistake it for mine.

I would love to get feedback on this, especially from people who had not been able to get access to the blog due to having impaired vision.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I listened and it was fine. Short post eh! Ha ha.