Welcome

Dennis Jones is a Jamaican-born international economist, who has lived most of the time in the UK and USA, and latterly in Guinea, west Africa. He moved back to the Caribbean in 2007. This blog contains his observations on life on this small eastern Caribbean island, as well as views on life and issues on a broader landscape, especially the Caribbean and Africa.

*NEW!!! LISTEN TO BLOG POSTS FEATURE ADDED!!!*

*PLEASE READ COMMENTS POLICY--NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS, PLEASE*

*REFERENCES TO NEWSPAPER OR MEDIA REPORTS ARE USUALLY FOLLOWED BY LINKS TO ACTUAL REPORTS*

*IMAGES MAY BE ENLARGED BY CLICKING ON THEM*

*SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG BY E-MAIL (SEE BOX IN SIDE BAR)*


______________________________________

**You may contact me by e-mail at livinginbarbados[at]gmail[dot]com**

Sunday, January 11, 2009

DC Inauguration 2009 Blog

A little change up being thrown in.

Some friends and I are headed to Washington DC for THE EVENT. Just for fun, I have created another blog, called DC Inauguration 2009 (see link http://dcinauguration2009.wordpress.com/). It's meant to be very spontaneous and has as its only theme things related to the Inauguration and the visit of a band of Caribbeans to DC. I'm hoping that some of the other travellers will offer some words, if not, I guess I can fill in for them all. As we get closer to the date, I hope that the intensity of feelings will rise and will try to capture some of that on that blog. I wont forget about the riveting things going on in Barbados, fear not.

No comments: