Welcome

Dennis Jones is a Jamaican-born international economist, who has lived most of the time in the UK and USA, and latterly in Guinea, west Africa. He moved back to the Caribbean in 2007. This blog contains his observations on life on this small eastern Caribbean island, as well as views on life and issues on a broader landscape, especially the Caribbean and Africa.

*NEW!!! LISTEN TO BLOG POSTS FEATURE ADDED!!!*

*PLEASE READ COMMENTS POLICY--NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS, PLEASE*

*REFERENCES TO NEWSPAPER OR MEDIA REPORTS ARE USUALLY FOLLOWED BY LINKS TO ACTUAL REPORTS*

*IMAGES MAY BE ENLARGED BY CLICKING ON THEM*

*SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG BY E-MAIL (SEE BOX IN SIDE BAR)*


______________________________________

**You may contact me by e-mail at livinginbarbados[at]gmail[dot]com**

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Going potty

My cat, Skitter, has really started to feel at home with me, my mummy and my daddy. He comes into the house when he likes and has some favourite places that he likes to sleep. He sleeps in cupboards, in my bathroom, and on the soft chairs. On Sunday, he came to watch TV with me, mummy, daddy, and my big sister Bronwyn, who was visiting us for the weekend from New York. Skitter could not decide which lap to sleep in and was spoiled for choice.

He is getting very brave and tries to jump up to the kitchen counter when I am eating my breakfast; or he comes to sneak a piece of my snack. The other day he nibbled my ham and I cried. But he is really loving and I am remembering to check that he has food every day.

Daddy says that Skitter is often mewing during the day. I think that is because he misses me when I am school. Today, when I came home I combed his hair to make him look pretty.

Daddy told me that he found Skitter taking a nap in a flower pot today and took some pictures that we can share with you.

2 comments:

Ann (MobayDP) said...

I have found that if you feed (most) cats the dry cat food only they will not nibble on your food.

If you are only feeding him dry cat food already then I guess Skitter just really loves ham!

Skitter is most cute :-)

Dennis Jones said...

Skitter eats mainly dry food. He is young so like a child has to learn what is the right thing. Most cats like meat, fish and milk and whenever they can get that they will.Thanks for the compliments.