Welcome

Dennis Jones is a Jamaican-born international economist, who has lived most of the time in the UK and USA, and latterly in Guinea, west Africa. He moved back to the Caribbean in 2007. This blog contains his observations on life on this small eastern Caribbean island, as well as views on life and issues on a broader landscape, especially the Caribbean and Africa.

*NEW!!! LISTEN TO BLOG POSTS FEATURE ADDED!!!*

*PLEASE READ COMMENTS POLICY--NO ANONYMOUS COMMENTS, PLEASE*

*REFERENCES TO NEWSPAPER OR MEDIA REPORTS ARE USUALLY FOLLOWED BY LINKS TO ACTUAL REPORTS*

*IMAGES MAY BE ENLARGED BY CLICKING ON THEM*

*SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG BY E-MAIL (SEE BOX IN SIDE BAR)*


______________________________________

**You may contact me by e-mail at livinginbarbados[at]gmail[dot]com**

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Auntie Anita's Puppy

I just woke up, this Sunday morning, and asked my Daddy if I could write a story on the computer for Auntie Anita.

The story is about her new puppy. Auntie Anita got him when he was only 8 weeks old. She says that he is a Caucasian Mountain Dog and his name is Xerxes, after the Persian King who thought that he was a God. Xerses would fit into the working dog group, and will eventually grow to about 100 pounds! Whoa! I have not seen him yet, but I have seen a picture of him. I like Xerxes.

I hope that when I go to Nassau during the summer holidays my Auntie Anita will let me take her puppy for a walk. Perhaps when I am there she will let me walk the puppy with my cousin, Zara.

Auntie Anita and her husband, Uncle Basilio, have had a few rough nights as Xerxes attempts to get used to his new home and being left alone to sleep and being home alone in the day. He is eating well, though, and likes affection, just like me. He is also getting better at going to the potty, just like me.

I love him as much as Auntie Anita does.

The End.

By Rhian

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely ! .... you are starting her early :-)

Gatto999 said...

Really lovely !...
Ciao from Italy :)